WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files sent by the website to the computer of the interested party (normally to the browser). These files are stored and subsequently retransmitted to the website the next time the same user visits. A cookie cannot recall any other data from the hard disk of the user or transmit computer viruses or acquire email addresses. Each cookie is unique for the web browser of the user. Some of the functions of the cookies may be delegated to other technologies. In this document the word “cookie” refers to cookies, properly called, and to all similar forms of technology.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Cookies can be first and third party, where “first party” refers to the cookies under the domain of our website, while “third party” refer to the cookies related to external domains. The third party cookies are necessarily installed by an external individual, always defined as “third party”, not handled by the site.
NATURE OF THE COOKIES
With regards to the nature of the cookies, several types exist:
The cookies defined as technical are used with the sole objective of “transmission of a communication to a network of electronic communication, or in the measure closely connected with the supplier of a service of the information comply specifically requested by the subscriber or by the user to provide such a service”. They are not used for any other objective and are normally installed directly by the owner or manager of the website and can be divided up into:
– browsing or session cookies, that guarantee normal browsing and use of the website (allowing, for example, for the conclusion of an acquisition or authentication in order to gain access to reserved areas): they are necessary for correct operation of the website;
– cookie analytics, similar to technical cookies when used directly by the site manager to collect information, in a collective form, on the number of users and how they visit the site itself, with the aim of improving performance of the website;
– functional cookies, that allow for the user to browse according to a whole range of selected criteria (for example, language, the products selected for acquisition) with the objective of improving the service rendered to the same. Prior consent of the users is not necessary for the installation of these cookies.
Profiling cookies are aimed at creating profiles related to the user and are used with the sole objective of sending advertisements in line with the preferences expressed by the user himself while browsing. For use of the profiling cookies, consent of the party is requested. According to the provision of the Guarantor, the user may authorise or refuse consent to install the cookies.
Third party cookies
Third party analysis cookies are used to collect information on use of the website by users in an anonymous form (pages visited, time spent, source of the traffic of origin, geographical origin, age, gender and interests) in order to define marketing campaigns. These cookies are sent by third party domains, outside of our website. In the case of third party cookies, the website does not have direct control of each single cookie and cannot control them (nor can it install them directly or cancel them). It can manage these cookies through the browser settings (follow the instructions provided below).
COOKIES INSTALLED IN THIS WEBSITE
Here is a list of the cookies in our website:
- Technical cookies for activities strictly necessary for functioning: they are cookies that are useful to save your session and carry out other activities necessary for functioning of the same, for example with regards to traffic distribution.
- Technical cookies to save preferences as well as optimisation and statistical activities: they are cookies used to save browsing preferences and optimise the browsing experience of the user. These cookies include, for example, the ones required to set a language or to manage statistics by the owner of the website.
Third party cookies
Third party cookies include connection with the privacy informative note of the relative external supplier, in which a detailed description of each single cookie and relative processing can be found.
Plug-in Social Network:
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google uses the Personal Details collected with the sole objective of tracing and examining the use of this Application, preparing reports and sharing them with other services developed by Google. Google may use the Personal Details to contextualise and personalise the advertisements of the publicity network.
Visualisation of contents from external platforms.
This is a map visualisation service handled by Google Inc., allowing this Application to integrate such contents within its pages.
Google Fonts (Google Inc.)
Google Fonts is a visualisation service of character styles handled by Google Inc., allowing this Application to integrate such contents within its pages.
HOW CAN YOU CONTROL THE INSTALLATION OF COOKIES?
In addition to the information contained in this document, we hereby inform you about how you can handle the preferences related to the Cookies directly within your browser and prevent, for example, third parties from installing them. Furthermore, through the browser preferences it is also possible to eliminate the Cookies installed in the past, including the Cookies containing possible consent for installation of the Cookies by this website. It is important to point out that by turning off all of the Cookies, functioning of this website may be compromised. You can find information on how to handle Cookies directly in your browser.
Duration of the cookies
The duration of the cookies is defined by the expiry date (or by a specific action such as closing of the browser), set upon installation. The cookies can be:
– temporary or by session (session cookies): they are used to archive temporary information, they allow for the connection of action carried out during a specific session and are removed by the computer when the browser is closed;
– permanent (persistent cookies): they are used to store information, for example the name and access password in order to avoid the user having to type it every time he visits a specific site. These passwords are stored in the computer even once the browser has been closed.
You have the power at any time to exercise the rights recognised according to the information provided in the paragraph above “RIGHTS OF THE INTERESTED PARTY”; in order to exercise these rights, write to Vox
Vox Gentium S.r.l. , to the attention of the Data Owner and/or Data Controller or contact us at the following address email@example.com
If consent has already been given but you want to change the cookie authorisations, you should cancel them through the browser otherwise, the ones already installed will not be removed. In particular, bear in mind that it is not possible in any way to control third party cookies, therefore if consent has already been given, the cookies must be cancelled through the browser (specific section) or opt-out must be requested directly to the third parties.
How to disable/cancel cookies through the browser configuration:
- Launch the Chrome browser
- Click on the menu in the tool bar of the browser alongside the URL link insertion window for browsing
- Select Settings
- Click on Display Advanced Settings
- In the section “Privacy” click on “Contents settings”
- In the section “Cookies” you can modify the following settings related to the cookies:
- Authorise saving of local data
- Modify local data only until the browser is closed
- Prevent the websites to set the cookies
- Block third party cookies and the data of websites
- Manage exceptions for some internet websites
- Eliminate one or all cookies
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser
- Click on the menu in the tool bar of the browser alongside the URL link insertion
- Select Options
- Select the Privacy panel
- Click on “Show Advanced Settings”
- In the “Privacy” section click on “Contents Settings”
- In the section “Tracking” you can modify the following settings related to the cookies: Ask the websites not to carry out any tracking. Inform the websites of the possibility of being tracked. Do not transmit any preference related to tracking of personal data. From the section “Chronology”: By enabling “Use personalised settings” select and accept third party cookies (always from the most visited website or never) and save them for a specific period of time (until they expire, until you close Firefox or to be requested each time). Remove the single cookies stored.
- Launch the Internet Explorer browser
- Click “Instruments” and choose “Internet Options”
- Click on the Privacy Tab and, in the section Settings, modify the slider according to the desired action for the cookies. Block all of the cookies. Allow all of the Cookies. Select the websites from which you want to acquire the cookies. Move the cursor to an intermediate position so as not ot block or allow all the cookies, then click on Websites. In the Website Address field insert the name of a website and then press Block or Allow.
- Launch the Safari browser
- Click on Safari, select Preferences and press Privacy
- In the section Block Cookies, specify how Safari should accept the cookies from the websites.
- In order to see which websites the cookies have stored, click on Details
Safari iOS (mobile devices)
- Launch the Safari iOS browser
- Click on Settings and then Safari
- Click on Block Cookies and choose among the various options: “Never”, “Third parties and advertisers” or “Always”
- To cancel all of the cookies stored by Safari, click on Settings, then on Safari and finally Cancel Cookies and data.
If your browser is not included in this list you can request further information by sending an email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
We will try to provide you with the necessary information for anonymous and safe browsing.